Best language to get started with Data structures and algorithms? Python java or any other?

Data Structure is the essential part of any programming language. After learning basics of any programming language every programmer wants to move one step ahead and learning data structure and algorithm is the next step for most of the programmers. When it comes to data structure there are many languages in which we can implement the concept. 

Why I started learning DSA
I started my career with Java programming language afterwards I switched to JavaScript and then I added react and angular to my bucket. Now after working with react for more than 3 years I realise that I want to move one step further! so I decided to learn data structure and algorithm. 

Currently there are three programming languages which are very popular among developers Python JavaScript and Java. Most of the developers choosing Python as their primary language for data structure and algorithm but when it comes to implementation of the concept they have learn while learning data structure and algorithm they found that implementing the concept in Python and Java as well it's very difficult for them because Java and Python has the concept of garbage collector so it does not give you the control of clearing out the memory leakage how a program is consuming a memory 12 clear a memory these are the things you will learn while you to learn data structure and algorithm so I found that JavaScript is somehow has an upper hand while learning DSA. 
But if you don't have any knowledge on javascript then I will suggest you to learn DSA using Python because Python has a very bright future when compare with Java. And also it doesn't require a lot of time to master Python. The resources availability on data structure and algorithm is on python's favour. 

But if you are someone who is not having any experience of any of the programming languages or you are just aware of programming and knows little bit of any of the programming languages then C and C + + should be your choice. 

Why C/C++ for Data structure and algorithm?
No other programming languages gives you the control you will be having if you are using c or c plus plus as your medium of implementation for your data structure and algorithm. 

So the conclusion is.

If you are a beginner you must start your data structure and algorithm journey with c or c plus plus. And if you ask someone who already have a knowledge or experience on any of the programming languages then you should start with that programming language only. There are many developers who has knowledge on more than one programming language and if JavaScript is on your bucket then I strongly recommend you to get start with JavaScript. 

Which language I have choosen for myself?
As I already have experience on Java and JavaScript, and I know Python as well. So these three popular programming languages are in my bucket but most of the time I had worked on javascript that's why I have chosen JavaScript for my data structure and algorithm journey.

0 Comments